By: Convergence Training
This course covers safe work practices for excavation and trenching work. It is meant to be used as an introductory or refresher course for construction workers involved in digging or working in an excavation. It is based on OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P and industry best practices.
- Dangers associated with trench and excavation work
- The role of the competent person
- Soil Types
- Protective systems (sloping, shielding, and shoring)
- Rules for sloping excavation walls
- The importance of inspections
- Basic safe work practices
All Convergence DVDs include links to download printable Tests, Answer Guides, and Completion Certificates.